Dear alumni member,
A new fresh round of choir practice and performances is coming up in September! With Dr. Michael Ryan at the helm as Music Director, we are most happy to welcome Ms Florence Ng as the Assistant Music Director cum Accompanist this fall.
This season our main focus will be Handel’s MESSIAH CHORUSES with a sprinkling of Christmas carols in both English and Chinese!
Our season’s rehearsal schedule is stated below:
Sept 10 First rerhearsal and AUDITION of new applicants
Oct 8 15 22 29
Nov 5 12 19 26
Dec 3 (last rehearsal, subject to additional performance that will entail Dec 17 as one more rehearsal day)
PERFORMANCES ( Tentative Schedules ) :
- An invitation to take part in the CAMBRIDGE CHOIR (St. John’s Voices) concert on Dec 18 at the Tsuen Wan Concert Hall. The visitng Cambridge choir group will host ONE concert in HK before going to other cities in Asia.
- An invitation to perform for the charity - Children’s Development Matching Fund CDMF (date & venue tbc.)
- A FREE concert will be hosted by HKUAA CHOIR at Sheung Wan Civic Centre on Dec 10, 2016.
The possibility of a repeat offer to perform at a most prestigeous shopping centre at TST just like last year.
1. Subscription fee for the Fall Season per member $1080.
2. Graduates from year 2011 onwards will enjoy 50% discount or half of the regular fee.
3. Song books :
3.1 A new Handel’s MESSIAH song book of about HK$100 (tbc.) will be charged together with the subscription fee.
3.2 New choir members need to place orders through HKUAA office for “100 CAROLS FOR CHOIRS) about HK$220.
4. New lady members need to purchase a black uniform dress of HK$400 DIRECT from the retail shop.
5. New gentleman members need to purchase a red bowtie of about HK$30 through section leaders.
METHOD OF APPLICATION :
Please send your name, email address & phone number to HKUAA OFFICE by EMAIL (Both NEW & RETURNING applicants).
Returning choir members MUST SUBMIT their applications ON OR BEFORE AUGUST 30 being the DEADLINE of application.
Your application will be processed by the Music Director together with SATB Section Leaders, afterwhich if successful, hkuaa office will request for IMMEDIATE PAYMENT of the abovementioned charges. Please take due note that NO PLACEMENT will be given without full payment upon the said request.
NEW applicants need to go for the AUDITION on Sept 10 by MD and Section Leaders before acceptance and payment can be made,
We all look forward to another Fall Season with festive carolings around Hong Kong!
With best regards,