Pokfulam Cultural Landscape Tour Led by Conservation Architect and Farm Ambassador (FULL)
Pokfulam Cultural Landscape Tour Led by Conservation Architect and Farm Ambassador
organised by HKUAA Professional Group
Date: 17 Dec 2022 (Saturday)
Time: 9:30am-11:30am (2 hours)
Fee: HK$220 per head
- 45 minutes at the farm
- 15 minutes to the Benathie (outdoor area)
- 1 hour to visit the Pokfulam Village
Mr. Faustus Lam Sair Ling 林社鈴建築師, Head of Property | Caritas – Hong Kong
HKIA, CIOH, HKICON
(BA(AS) 1979; BArch 1982)
- an architect and the Director of the Pokfulam Farm Company Ltd
photo source: https://www.devb.gov.hk/en/home/my_blog/index_id_435.html
Mr. Lam Sair Ling is the first local Architect/Surveyor specialised in conservation of heritage buildings and local architecture. He was, before retirement, a Senior Maintenance Surveyor in the Property Services Branch of the Architectural Services Department looking after the conservation and maintenance of all the historical buildings under the portfolio of the Government.
Mr. Lam was previously an Adjunct Associate Professor, Division of Architectural Conservation Programmes (ACP), Faculty of Architecture, HKU.
He has received a numbers of awards in conservation and revitalisation of historic buildings, namely: HKIA Presidents Prize for the restoration of Tai Fu Tai in 1989 and Kun Ting Study Hall in 1991; IGA Expo for the Kowloon Walled City Park in 1993; UNESCO Asian Pacific Awards in Heritage Conservation for the restoration of King Law Study Hall in 2001, Catholic Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in 2003 and the St. Joseph Chapel at Yim Tin Tsai in 2005. Mr. Lam has also been a contributor of the Chinese book 'Hundred Years Architecture of Hong Kong', editor for 'Home in Guizhou', 'Chinese Traditional Dwellings and the Culture of Modern Architecture', and 'The History, Art and Architecture of the Lu Pan Temple', etc.
ABOUT THE FARM:
Revitalisation of the Old Dairy Farm Senior Staff Quarters (SSQ) into the Pokfulam Farm
The SSQ, located at No. 141 Pok Fu Lam Road, was constructed in 1887 as residence for the Farm Manager of the Old Dairy Farm. The SSQ comprises the Main Building, the Servants’ Quarters and the Garage Block. The three buildings have been left vacant since 1987 and were accorded a Grade 1 status by the Antiquities Advisory Board in December 2009. In June 2015, Caritas-Hong Kong was the successful applicant selected to revitalise the SSQ. Putting much effort and thought into choosing the name, Caritas-Hong Kong specially name the project “The Pokfulam Farm” by using the ancient written form of the Chinese name of Pok Fu Lam so as to highlight its long history.
Payment is required for registration below:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Please observe and follow the rules of the Farm/ Guide.
- Please arrived at least 10 minutes before the start of the tour. Late comer will not be entertained.
- Under the Vaccine Pass arrangement, all persons aged above 5 entering or remaining on The Farm premises must comply with the COVID-19 vaccination requirements. Visitors are required to use the “LeaveHomeSafe” mobile app to record the venue and time of their visits. Visitors with Vaccination Medical Exemption Certificate are required to fill in a form to record details of their visits.
- No change or refund request will be accepted once booking is confirmed. If the event is cancelled due to adverse weather (typhoon signal no 8 or black rainstom signal is hoisted), HKUAA will make refund arrangement or reschedule the visit.
- For all disputes arise, the decision of HKUAA shall be final.
back to previous